SHallV
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 11/02/2009
Sandyford High Level Water Scheme
Date: February 11, 2009 02:17AM
For your information, response received from Cllr Lettie McCarthy (LAcool smiley to letter regarding the reinstatement of the green at the top of Sandyford Hall Rise (2nd Feb 09):

"I do understand the importance of this amenity to the residents, most especially the children and the major loss to all involved while it is out of commission. With reference to the road surface, I can confirm that this is not the final finish. I have also addressed the issue of speeding dumper trucks with the Engineer in charge of the project. I will be meeting with the Engineer towards the end of this week and I will certainly relay the views of the residents and see if we can reach a more satisfactory outcome..."

Wrote to 3 local party Councillors :
- Cllr. John Byrne (FF): received a visit (26/01/09) from Cllr. John Byrne (FF) confirming that he has requested a meeting with the Project Manager of the Scheme and Pierse Construction and would revert with outcome of meeting - awaiting response but note in Senator Maria Corrigan's Newsletter that the Council have agreed to realignment of fence to allow path be installed and monitoring of the volume and timing of construction traffic.
- Cllr Lettie McCarthy (LAcool smiley: Letter received as above (02/02/09)
- Cllr. Tom Joyce (FG): No response received.

sunny
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/10/2008
Re: Sandyford High Level Water Scheme
Date: February 11, 2009 05:45AM
Fair play for getting onto our local councillors. It is currently very dangerous and the trucks have no regard for our children or the safety of other people within the estate. I have contacted DLRCOCO numerous times regarding the road surface where the trucks have damaged and I get the same response everytime, like they don't care. Hopefully our local reps will sort this once and for all and the estate can enjoy being an estate again.

dbpackers
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/01/2009
Date: February 12, 2009 06:18PM
I had also contacted the above three councillers and also Olivia Mitchell TD. Got responses from all except Tom Joyce. Lettie's response was similar to the above.

The response from Olivia Mitchell was as follows:

"Thank you for your letter and I sympathise with you and other residents of Sandyford Hall in respect of the huge disruption you are suffering due to the installation of the high level water scheme. A number of residents have contacted me recently about the loss of the green space and the impact on the children.

I have spoken to the engineer in charge of this project and he has explained to me that the contractor is in possession of the site until the job is completed and the completion date is December 2009.

Although the pipe has been laid through the open space, the work has not yet been completed there. In fact there is quite a lot of work still to be done. Quite apart from the fact that they need to use the open space to access the rest of the 7 kilometres rather than use the roads in Sandyford Hall. The work yet to be done within the open space involves the cleaning and disinfecting of the pipes, the testing of the pipes when the entire job is completed, the construction of inspection chambers and the installation of the electrical cables. So quite a lot of work still remains to be done.

However, I have been promised that they are conscious that people are being deprived of an important amenity while the project is underway and the Council is working with the contractor to see if it is possible to finish and to be off the site by the end of the summer. I know it is disappointing that the green space will not be available during the summer months and I requested that if at all possible every effort should be made to achieve this. However, they tell me that if they are to be honest there is absolutely no prospect that the work will be finished in time for summer reinstatement, but that every effort will be made to try and get in reinstated and reseeded directly after the summer.

I am sorry that the news is not better, but I want to assure you that I have made both the contractor and the Council very aware of the need to vacate this green area as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile I will contact Philip Trotter the council engineer with responsibility for the scheme to see if even some of your very reasonable requests could be met."

dbpackers
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/01/2009
Date: February 12, 2009 06:21PM
Olivia also forwarded me a response from the engineer :

"Dear Olivia,

Your e mail refers.We have had a look at the fenced off area with the contractor and the contractor has now been instructed to relocate a short section of that fence, provide a temporary footpath alongside this and to install a set of gates at the edge of the fenced off area allowing improved access from Sandyford Hall Estate to the remainder of the green space. Site Housekeeping , Security, Health & Safety are issues that we are vigilant on. The issue of speeding cars and associated signage is outside our remit and is an enforcement issue for the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Philip Trotter

Project Resident Engineer "

They have already installed the gates and moved the fence a bit. A temporary path would be welcome as the ground beside the bushes is a semi-permanent marsh.

I still have an issue with the amount of building rubble they are dumping from works well outside our estate and I will raise this with out representatives again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here