PixiePop
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 16/04/2015
Schools
Date: August 25, 2016 07:23AM
Where do most children living in the estate attend school?

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 12/11/2008
Re: Schools
Date: August 30, 2016 05:28PM
Primary or Secondary?
Our kids attended primary in St. Patricks Glencullen, but that was a time when it was easier to go up the mountain then down towards Sandyford. We enjoyed our time up there.
There's the gaelscoil Taobh Na Coille in Belarmine, St. Marys at Lambs Cross, Kilternan National School, Educate Together Sliabh Rua on Ballyogan Road. Also Holy Trinity in the Gallops.
You may have a preference for education through Irish, or the Educate Togeter model.

Secondary. No boys secondary in Sandyford. Boys only in St.Benildus, Oatlands. Fee paying schools around and anything on the LUAS line! Girls only in Raphaelas, Jesus and Mary Goatstown, Muckross Park. Fee paying in Rosemount and Loreto Foxrock.

There are advanced plans for Educate Togeter Secondary co-ed in Sandyford somewhere.

PixiePop
(IP Logged)

Date: August 31, 2016 07:22AM
Thanks Martin. I was talking primary primarily. Heard such mixed reports re schools in the area. But would also like the children to attend the same school as their neighbours do

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 12/11/2008
Date: September 01, 2016 09:57PM
I'm not sure there is such a primary school for Sandyford Hall. I think children attend any number of schools in the area, based on preference for Gaelscoil or ET or religious. I forgot Kilternan Church of Ireland school that is also very popular. A lot of the schools have been recently built or refurbished, so facilities are probably fairly equal. Your best approach might be to visit the schools, some have earlier start times that might fit into your day better or be on your way to work. You could accost parents in the estate to solicit their opinions of the local school.

PixiePop
(IP Logged)

Date: November 28, 2016 06:56AM
How did you find Glencullen? We've been offered that & gaelscoil taobh na coille. Have heard great stuff about glencullen but the location & late start time concern us. Wouldn't be the most convenient but concerns about learning through Irish too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here