Maevet
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 18/07/2013
Traffic Lights at Entrance of Sandyford Hall
Date: July 18, 2013 10:08PM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have been a resident of Sandyford Hall for a number of years now. I recently contacted Lettie McCarthy about the lack of traffic lights on the Kilgobbin road at the roundabout. She said that a bit of pressure would help to get this moving. I also noted form a few posts here that this was in the works before and got shelved. I would be happy to start up a petition or something for Lettie to bring to the council so that we can get this resolved ASAP. I have 2 young kids myself and use the junction regularly to bring them to friends houses in the estates across the road. Please let me know what is being done about this from the associations perspective and let me know if there is any way I can get more involved.

I also mentioned to her about the lack of a play area for kids, all other estates have had some form of playarea setup which is a huge benefit to get the kids out and about. Would be great to hear your thoughts on this too.

Thanks!

Maevet
(IP Logged)

Re: Traffic Lights at Entrance of Sandyford Hall
Date: July 18, 2013 11:39PM
just answered my own question!!

Dear Maeve,

Please see (the good news!) below for information and feel free to forward to your neighbours.

Kind regards,

Lettie

Sent: 18 July 2013 14:36
To: Cllr L. McCarthy
Subject: RE: Pedestrian Crossing at Sandyford Hall Place

Hi. Lettie,

The need for a Pedestrian crossing on Kilgobbin Road, at the junction with Sandyford Hall, has always been recognised by the Traffic Section but the necessary funding and resources has been an issue.

However the Traffic Section can now announce that work on the installation of a new pedestrian crossing and upgrade works to the adjoining roundabout and road surfacing will commence in early August '13.

This work is scheduled to take about 2 months.

Regards,
Padraig Watters, Traffic Section.

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 12/11/2008
Date: July 19, 2013 12:02AM
It should make the walk to and from the LUAS safer for all concerned.

Maevet
(IP Logged)

Date: July 19, 2013 04:57PM
yes Martin and for those kids walking to Holy Trinity as well. I can't believe it has taken so long.

What are your thoughts on getting a play area into Sandyford Hall? Would you be aware of any work that the Residents association have being doing in that vein?

regards

Maeve

Joanne
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 05/08/2013
Date: August 05, 2013 12:33AM
I agree with you Maeve we do indeed need recreational facilities of children and adults alike.

We should be making use of the back green, which would be ideal for recreational purposes.

The ideal combination of children’s playground and an outdoor friendly gym along with a Multi Use Game Area would be ideal for our community.

Example of the above facilities are available to view in Ballawley Park and Leopardstown Heights.

I think some sort of discussion needs to be set in motion to find out the level of interest out there for some sort of facility that would benefit of all the community.

There are lots of family with young children in the estate and adults young and old who would benefit greatly from some sort of play area and outdoor gym area.

It would be great if people could join this discussion and show their interest in pushing this to the attention of our local county council and representatives. We have waited a long time to get the traffic situation at the front of the estate sorted out not forgetting the back green being dug up several times.

Please join the discussion in replying to this, I think it could be a very worthy endeavour and huge benefit to everybody !

Thanks

Maevet
(IP Logged)

Date: October 14, 2013 05:54PM
Finally getting our lights I see!!

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date: October 22, 2013 06:06PM
Subject: Roundabout at Kilgobbin Road - Sandyford Hall

To the Elected Members of the Glencullen Ward,

Re. Roundabout at Kilgobbin Road - Sandyford Hall

For your information.

It has been noted that the new Roundabout, at the above location, is not operating as intended.

Drivers are continuing to take the short route through the over-run area and not going around the Roundabout.

As a result the Roundabout is not slowing traffic to the extent that would be desirable close to a pedestrian crossing.

To solve this problem, the Traffic Section has instructed the Contractor to remove the new outer kerbing and re-install the over-run area and kerbing at a higher level.

The Traffic Section apologises for all the inconvenience that these necessary Works will cause and we have asked the Contractor to complete the Works as quickly as possible.

Thanking you for your co operation.

Padraig Watters, Traffic Section.

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date: October 22, 2013 06:08PM
We even made the Evening Herald ...

[www.herald.ie]

Maevet
(IP Logged)

Date: November 19, 2013 10:12PM
Any idea when they are going to turn the traffic lights on????

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here