Dolores on the View
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
House Alarms - Noise Pollution
Date: August 15, 2012 07:02AM
Like me, is anyone else getting a bit peeved at the house alarm which goes off early every Saturday morning (from the end of the Crescent, I believe)? Additionally, a house on the Rise has begun to neglect their alarm also.
What can the Resident's Association do to raise awareness of this ongoing nuisance for all residents?

Perhaps a letter-drop, nicely outlining the nature of the nuisance, and reminding all residents about good house alarm etiquette, ie. Either leave a spare key and alarm code with a neighbour who is home more often than you, or else invest in a monitored house alarm system (eg. Eircom Phonewatch), so that you actually have a house alarm rather than a stupid noise machine.

Perhaps we could also include the following information from the Citizens Information Website:

"Under Irish law, you are entitled to bring complaints about specific neighbourhood noise to the District Court.

Types of noise covered

Noise such as that coming from other homes, workshops or local businesses that is continuous, repeated, loud and occurring at such times and of such duration that it affects the quality of life of the person is covered in Irish law."

Garvan
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
Re: House Alarms - Noise Pollution
Date: August 30, 2012 05:27PM
AFAIK alarms are supposed to comply with noise regulations and are supposed to turn off the external bell after 20 mins although they continue to ring internally.

A few 'supposeds' in there tho winking smiley

Maybe the resident is away working alot and unaware of a possible fault. If you could twig the house maybe ask one of the neighbours. A friendly word from someone they know is usually better than a anonymous letter in the post box.

At the same time, I wonder if the neighbours have issue with said alarm? You can hear it nearby, they are right beside it!!! Maybe the owner is unapproachable....

G

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here