d18
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/10/2008
increasing car damage in estate, who is doing this?
Date: November 23, 2008 08:20PM
a week after issues on front page of this website: at around 1am on friday/sat morn night November 14th/15th around 5 teens went down sandyford hall avenue and then back up aiming kicks at car mirrors, overturning bins, making noise aimed at waking children and residents, walking over cars and pushing in car roofs, breaking car paint,I think there were signs of garda intervention,I regret not having their number to hand at that point

also at 3am sat night/sunday 23rd around 8 men and teens noisely walked down sandyford avenue and -as I watched- rear doors of tradesmen's van were tried to see if they were open, is there a house at the far rear of sandyford hall (off lower sandyford hall avenue) that is a location for late night activity? (we can discuss without being specific,) there appears to be an unusual amount of criminal damage to cars in this estate. The Gardai are aware of side view mirror damage as a real issue.

Lift the phone to Stepaside Gardai immediately when you see something that is out of order,save it to your phone 01 - 6665700,they are aware of this growing issue and will treat your call seriously and courteously,they need clothing description of the person and the incident,with this type of robust response common sense will prevail for anybody who wants to disrupt hard working, busy residents and children who are living respectful, modest and considerate lives,

Pat
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 06/10/2008
Re: increasing car damage in estate, who is doing this?
Date: November 23, 2008 10:53PM
Thanks for posting this d18, we should all be aware of this increasing problem

Something has to be done about this, I'm going to make representations to the association to setup a neighbourhood watch scheme !!!!

This has gone on long enough, I dont know if this is coming from outside the estate or if there is an internal problem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here