Garvan
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
Opinion
Date: February 12, 2011 09:58PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a general opinion here.

I live in a corner house. Kids play football at the side. Everyday (and i mean every single day) there's kids that kick the ball against the garden wall.

When I'm inside it sounds like the ball is hitting the wall of the room I'm in.

Anyway, about a year ago I noticed cracks in the wall on both sides. A builder at the time reckoned that the wall would eventually need rebuilding and the football being hockeyed off it wouldn't help!

The other day I heard a crash in the back garden and went out to see my patio heaters canopy broken off and a ball rolling around the ground beside it. I don't know who the culprit was as they had legged it....

I have on a few occasions asked the kids (nicely) not to kick the ball against the wall explaining the damage there....

Some of them stopped. Two haven't (One of them was part of the gang pelting women and small kids during the snow).

To be fair they may not have noticed the huge green area in the estate....

My question (eventually) is....do I approach the parents of the kids I know are kicking the ball against the wall (and be the Victor Meldrew of Sandyford Hall)???

or.....

.....do I try to ignore the noise and the damage??? confused smiley

Garvan

Pat
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 06/10/2008
Re: Opinion
Date: February 13, 2011 10:45PM
If I were you I would go immediately to the parents and inform them of the seriousness of the situation and if doesn't help contact the Gardai at stepaside.

There are plenty of green areas around the estate, there is no excuse for this type of behaviour it needs to be stamped out right now.

There are causing serious damage to your property.

Take some photos if you can to provide proof.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here