mwebb
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 03/10/2008
Can the SHRA hire someone to clear the roads.
Date: December 07, 2010 08:00AM
Hi,

This is the second big freeze in 12 months, and I was wondering if its time that prolonged ice-ups like this should be a responsibility of the SHRA. I think the SHRA do a great job, and really enjoyed the summer party, and got thinking that if they can organise something as good as that, surely clearing our roads is a doddle. Hire someone with a digger or a snowblade to come in and clear the roads, and if necessary come back later and do it again.

I don't buy the nonsense that if we clear it, its only gonna snow again. You don't stop taking showers, just cos you might get dirty again.

In the current hard times, it would be great to show everyone on the estate that we can accomplish things as a community. It would really cheer people up. I know other residents I've talked to would love the association to hire someone in to clear it, as they are having serious problems getting out of the estate. Helping people to get to work and getting kids to school would help the economy of everyone on the estate.

I spoke to a committee member earlier today and he said he'd ask the rest of the committee. So fingers crossed. I also think that this should be a permanent feature of SHRA's role.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 08:01AM by mwebb.

Scouser
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 06/10/2008
Re: Can the SHRA hire someone to clear the roads.
Date: December 07, 2010 10:42PM
yeah woodies cleared their carpark down in sandyford with a JCB and just today saw another one clearing the road in the racecourse and similar thing happened on Sunday night with the Gaelscoil. So there are a lot of guys doing it. throw a few quid to one of the boys working on the murphystown road and get a digger up here.
smileys with beer

would be great to have the roads cleared in our estate. we'd be the envy of every other estate in Dublin cool smiley

mwebb
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 03/10/2008
Re: Can the SHRA hire someone to clear the roads.
Date: December 08, 2010 02:46AM
I just saw a council gritter come down our road. It put down salt/grit, which should make a big difference and hopefully speed up the thaw.

A big thanks to the any of the SHRA committee members if they were involved in organising this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here