jaod
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 28/05/2010
Educate Together Public Information Meeting
Date: May 28, 2010 08:54PM
Hi All!

Just to let you all know that Educate Together are holding a public information meeting on Tuesday June 15th at Bewleys Hotel, Leopardstown at 730pm.

Anyone interested please feel free to come along. The meeting is open to all parents interested in finding out more about Educate Together and its plans to open a new primary school in Sandyford/Ballinteer. Please tell your friends familiies etc!

For any more info check out the ET website...www.educatetogether.ie or send me an email.

Thanks! JulieAnne The View

jaod
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 28/05/2010
Re: Educate Together Public Information Meeting
Date: June 19, 2010 08:49PM
Hi Again!

There will be a follow up meeting for anyone interested in finding out about Educate Together's plans to open a primary school in Sandyford/Stepaside. Last meeting brought together about 20parents so far so spread the word! Quite a few local councillors involved now too so all looking very positive.

Next meeting. Tuesday 29th June, 730pm, Bewleys Hotel, Conference rooms.

Thanks!

JulieAnne the View

mandp
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 24/07/2010
Re: Educate Together Public Information Meeting
Date: July 24, 2010 02:55AM
I am very interested in Educate Together Sandyford School and was unfortunately away for the meetings (by the time I came across post I had already missed some meetings). Any chance I can get contact details to find out more what happenned and that I can get involved?

niamh
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
Educate Together School for Sandyford/Ballinteer
Date: August 16, 2010 04:53AM
Hi there,

If you'd like to help the campaign, email info@SouthDublinET.com or go to [www.SouthDublinET.com] - we would love any help or time you can give.

You can pre-enrol your child in the Educate Together school by coming to a pre-enrolment event on Saturday 25 September in Dundrum Methodist church from 9.30am onwards.

Hopefully we will have a good turnout at the event and get our new school.

Hope to meet you soon.

Niamh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2010 04:56AM by niamh.

mandp
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 24/07/2010
Re: Educate Together School for Sandyford/Ballinteer
Date: August 16, 2010 04:24PM
Thanks Niamh, I emailed my contact details and would love to be involved in getting school up and running. Would love to find out more, like when is estimated start date for school? Are you talking about a new building or a ready made one? What secondary schools do kids typically go to after as I know most are still Catholic?

Thanks

Margaret

clairecarterchung
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 29/08/2010
Date: August 29, 2010 08:36PM
Hi Margaret,
I am also very keen on educate together. RE secondary, I have put names down in Newpark school - it is public & multi-denomindational.If you are looking for private, you could look at Wesley or High school.
Claire

niamh
(IP Logged)

Date: August 30, 2010 03:42AM
Hi Margaret,

Great that you are also interested in the school. To answer your questions: When the school opens depends on the Department of Education. Personally, I have a 3 1/2 year old so my preference (which has no bearing on reality!) is for the school to open September 2011. Other ET schools have managed to get running in that timeframe (and shorter) but only where the Department readily agreed to the opening of the school. The more parents we have involved and adding their children to the pre-enrolment list, the better the chances we have of getting permission for the school. As for the location, if we get permission to open the school, the next step would be to find facilities. For other ET schools, this has involved finding premises to rent or building a new school. At the moment, we are concentrating on getting permission rather than searching for premises. As for secondary schools, I have my daughter down for Newpark but enrolment policy favours Church of Ireland first I think and then Educate Together schools - that's what I heard - not sure if it's accurate. Again, if we are successful with opening the primary school it would be nice to campaign for an ET secondary school - there is no secondary school anywhere in the area. So a lot of work to do! Hope to see you at the pre-enrolment event or at a meeting soon.

niamh
(IP Logged)

Date: September 24, 2010 06:07PM
Just a quick reminder that the pre-enrolment event for the proposed Educate Together school takes place this Saturday 25th September at 9.30am to 12.30pm in Dundrum Methodist Church. If you want to put your child down but can't attend the event, you will be able to download a form once the event is over from the website www.SouthDublinET.com Your child will be placed on the pre-enrolment list after those who attend the event and in the order in which the form is received. Hope to see some of you there!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here