Garvan
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
Vandalism - Alive and kicking!!!
Date: March 08, 2010 05:40PM
Well it seems that vandalism is still alive and literally kicking. At least kicking my car door mirror. I came out on Saturday morning to see my drivers side mirror folded in against the car. This was the side against the footpath so its unlikely it was a wayward football from the green. When I opened it out the glass fell out. Another look and I saw the frame was also cracked. A phone call this morning tells me that a replacement plus fitting will be close to €300.hot smiley

Thanks to the toe-rag that was kind enough to damage it but then fold it in!?!?!?!

We have to be vigilant against those who think its ok to damage something that was paid for by another. Whether it someone from this estate or farther afield we must let these vandals know they are being watched and reported!

Garvan

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 12/11/2008
Re: Vandalism - Alive and kicking!!!
Date: March 20, 2010 03:04AM
It is incredibly annoying. We need to make greater efforts to prevent our greens being the drinking dens for the locality (they already are!) and then having kids wandering around looking to cause damage to property and worse trouble. Hopefully when the grass is reinstated the greens will be more open to view. It would be nice if the Garda came around a bit more often. I'd like to see some of the cover removed by way of thinning out the shrubs around the greens as well.

Chair
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 25/11/2008
Re: Vandalism - Alive and kicking!!!
Date: March 24, 2010 12:58AM
Hi Garvan, did you report this incident to Stepaside Garda station, there seem to have been a number of cars damaged on the view on Sat 27th Feb. Was this incident on the 06th Mar ?

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here