Garvan
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
SH Avenue Double Yellows
Date: December 21, 2012 01:11AM
Hi all

I have had some contact with Councillor Lettie McCarthy re the issue of cars parking on Sandyford Hall Avenue across from the shops which makes it difficult for cars exiting from the Park to see anything approaching from the left. Given the speed of some cars on the Avenue it makes for a dangerous situation and I have expressed an interest in getting the double yellow lines extended.

This is the reply she recently received

"Dear Cllr. McCarthy,

I wish to inform you that your request was examined at our Traffic Advisory Group (TAG) meeting of the 29th November 2012.

It has been decided to defer your request until our February meeting in 2013 as this location will need to be examined and considered further.

As soon as a decision has reached we will be in touch.

Regards,

Gillian Moore-Traffic Section-Transportation Department
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council"

Regards

G

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 12/11/2008
Re: SH Avenue Double Yellows
Date: January 09, 2013 06:43PM
I always thought the double yellows should extend from corner to corner on the shops side on the Avenue.
However, you may be referring to the cars that park on the houses side, before the first house on the Avenue. I think (I could be wrong) this is one of the few places where LUAS users park in the estate.
Most junctions within the estate suffer from residents (or visitors) parking too close to the corners, making visibility very poor.
Speed within the estate is an issue for all residents, especially with increased numbers of small children out playing.

Dolores on the View
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 01/10/2008
Junction of imminent Doom!
Date: February 19, 2013 08:18PM
On this subject of safe driving within the estate, there is a daily, imminent danger of a head-on collision at the junction of Sandyford Hall View and Sandyford Avenue! A large majority of drivers entering our estate tend to zip along the Avenue (avoiding the chicanes of cars parked on double yellows outside the shops) and when they reach the back of the estate facing the rear green, they come shooting around the corner as they make a left turn.
As a result, many cars exiting from Sandyford Hall View (making a right turn) are now forming the habit of NOT EVEN STOPPING to check whether the oncoming cars on their right-hand side could be continuing (with right-of-way?) into the Sandyford Hall Rise cul-de-sac which faces the rear green.
I observe an increase in cars using the Sandyford Hall Rise cul-de-sac as a drop-off/collection point for pedestrians coming from the Belarmine estate.

Surely there should be at very least a YIELD sign visible to residents exiting from Sandyford Hall View? Or what about a small 'pancake' roundabout at this junction? What do other folks think?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here