d18
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/10/2008
Is Leopardstown Heights more important than Sandyford Hall?
Date: September 23, 2009 08:06PM
The large Green at Leopardstown Heights/Mount Eagle has now been relaid and re-seeded.

Their Green was fenced off only for a couple of months and long after the green at the rear of Sandyford Hall was fenced off 12 months ago.

The work needed at both greens is exactly the same.

I know as I am an engineer. The inspection chambers are laid and complete at Mount Eagle. There is no, disclosed, reason not to restore the rear green at Sandyford Hall, unless there is an aim to make what is there into a new road.

Ask your elected, well paid, local Councillor to do their job and have Sandyford Hall residents treated the same as Leopardstown Heights residents.

Lon
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 14/10/2009
Re: Is Leopardstown Heights more important than Sandyford Hall?
Date: October 14, 2009 05:45AM
Great website, much better than ours!
I don't think Leopardstown Heights are more important than Sandyford Hall, these works just take time and believe me we have had our woes with the council over the yearsconfused smiley.
Our green isn't fully re-instated yet and we are being absolutely mithered by the traffic from the Kilgobbin Road closure, I only suspect that the contractors are going to be delayed again until well past end of October, they don't seem to be making much progress. However, the contractors do seem to be good and I would suspect that maybe the reason why your green hasn't been re-instated is because there is still more work to do, I hope it gets sorted for you soon, Lon

d18
(IP Logged)

Date: October 14, 2009 06:21PM
the grass seed laid on your green has now began to show as grass above the surface, pop out your front door and take a look

your trouble with the council has included the installation of your extraordinary all weather enclosed football and basketball facility

your website is not bad - I was especially interested in how your last newsletter opens with lavish thanks to CllLr Lettie McCarthey,

our rear green is unavailable to many children for 12 months now because the materials that go into the hole are being dropped there and collected from there by dumper trucks, young children are forced into the road and into the path of these heavy machines, these children are too young to use the front green

it is time that your estate, or the spaces on the murphystown road, took a turn at providing the drop zone for these materials as the drilling work is now around and IN your estate, road drilling is finished after 12 months at sandyford hall

we are now looking at a situation where Sandyford Hall children's safety is comprimised over an extended period of time so that the serenity of residents in other estates is given higher priority

I would expect the very cordial equality tribunal to make a pretty quick finding if it was asked is there a clear inequality of treatment just now between a resident of leopardstown heights and a resident of sandyford hall, the forms can be downloaded easily and getting a hearing is quick and free, the county manager should be asked to pay 50000 euros to Bernardos as a sanction, in the relevant part of the form

d18
(IP Logged)

Date: October 14, 2009 06:43PM
where Kilgobbin road meets Hillcrest Road there is a council owned, fenced off gated area that is ready to go as a drop zone for the road fill materials (and everything else) currently being dropped at the back of Sandyford hall, and then collected every 20 minutes by the fastest moving dumper truck in Dublin, but then he has to move quickly as the road work now moves further and further away from Sandyford Hall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2009 06:44PM by d18.

d18
(IP Logged)

Date: October 17, 2009 12:06AM
correction those lavish thanks were in the minutes from the 2008 agm on the www.lhra.ie site, that content has been removed all of a sudden - link below

[lhra.info]

d18
(IP Logged)

Date: October 30, 2009 12:07AM
and now ......a fine new playground on the green at Leopardstown Heights/ Mount Eagle

jco
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 02/11/2009
Date: November 02, 2009 10:30AM
And thank goodness the playground has survived Halloween. About 6 of us have spent the afternoon picking up rubbish and sweeping up broken glass from paths and MUGA.

You forgot to include any smilies in your post D18, it sounds like your angry at us in Leopardstown Heights? It will be great to see the construction gone from the whole area. Well, not perhaps the return to speeding traffic on Kilgobbin road or the odd rat-runner or 200 per day! Hah.

I think the residents' association has to keep active contact with the council and counsellors over years so that when they have budget for playground or whatever then you are in line for it. There are a small enough number of people willing to put in effort for the association though so it can be hard. And of course they are criticized for everything, even now criticized for getting a MUGA and playground?!

mwebb
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 03/10/2008
Date: November 02, 2009 11:21PM
I think that we (Sandyford Hall) have a lot in common with Leopardstown Heights. We have both been established for well over a decade and we've both had problems with council, roads and water scheme. Plus we'll all have to confront the parking issues from the new Luas, when it arrives.

I would personally like to see closer ties between the estates in the area. I think it would be good if SHRA, LHRA and Ferncarrig created a strategic district grouping that could lobby the council on issues that effect everyone in the area (such as the Luas and new roads). This has been done in other areas like Stillorgan.

I don't know where d18 is going with this. I don't think jealousy is something we need. LHRA got out and blocked traffic in order to fight a crazy development opposite them, something we could learn from. The fact that they have a very nice refurbished MUGA (Multi Use Games Area), probably makes it easier for us to lobby the council for one.

I would also urge anyone from our estate to never use rat-runs in any other estate. We are trying to stop access (pedestrian and cycle) through our estate. Anyone who uses rat-runs are hypocrites, not to mine creating safety issues on the roads when kids are playing.

Lon
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 14/10/2009
Date: November 08, 2009 05:16AM
d18, I am a wee bit surprised at your response to my post, I was sympathising with you as a neighbour. Just for the record, the majority of the green space on Murphystown Road has been cordoned off for Luas works for over a year and we have had to listen to construction noise every day including weekends for that time. Furthermore but not that it matters, the green space on Murphystown Road is off limits for children to play on because of the traffic on the road.
As for the all weather pitch or whatever, if you want to get in to it....maybe spend less time keeping an eye on what is going on in Leopardstown Heights and put that energy into working through your anger and use it for the benefit of your own estate.

Perhaps you should try to read and understand the sentiment of a post before you fire off your comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 05:34AM by Lon.

Chair
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 25/11/2008
Date: November 10, 2009 12:55AM
Hi all, important to remember that individual posts are not necessarily representative of the Sandyford Hall Residents at large or of the members of the association and committee. The Association will be seeking to forge closer working relations with neighbouring associations in 2010.

Regards
Declan

Chair
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 25/11/2008
Date: November 10, 2009 02:44AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 02:45AM by Chair.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here