Scouter
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 22/10/2008
Traffic Management for LUAS
Date: August 06, 2009 08:29PM
Hi,

Anybody keeping up with the LUAS line will notice just how far along the project is and how soon the line will be open for service. The plan is that LUAS will enter fare paying service in March 2010.

As for other areas around here, traffic management is going to become a real issue on our estate. Indeed, it is likely that Fernleigh, Leopardstown Heights and ourselves will have the biggest problem in terms of parking.

Other places have found that LUAS passengers will tend to dump their cars for the day on any suitable piece of ground without any regard for people living there. If we want to maintain access to our homes and prevent the public open spaces being damaged, we need to come up with a plan to manage the traffic in the estate.

Different solutions have been tried in different places. These solutions range from nothing to time limited pay-to-park solutions. I would like to suggest the following;
1). The SHRA contacts the other estates in the area with a view to coordinating our response to LUAS.
2). SHRA examine some options and suggest some solutions.
3). SHRA puts the solutions up for a vote.
4). Any solution must be enforceable, simple to operate and be resident friendly.

I do have a preferred solution based on experience in other places but lets see what happens.

MartinL
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 12/11/2008
Re: Traffic Management for LUAS
Date: August 07, 2009 03:43AM
I notice that Mount Eagle Lawn (?) now has double yellow lines down the entire length of 1 side of the road and parking boxes on the other side.
Is there an issue with the width of the roads in our estate to put in parking meters or double yellow lines?
Our road is already congested with residents. Where would residents park if double yellow are painted along 1 side, never mind LUAS commuters coming in.

clacey
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 02/09/2009
Re: Traffic Management for LUAS
Date: September 02, 2009 12:59AM
Folks this will indeed be an issue. I am from the Kilgobbin Wood Estate and we have implemented NCPS Controlled Parking in our estate as we fear this will escalate when the LUAS is operational. Our web site is www.kilgobbinwood.com and we also have an active residents committee which can be contacted via committee@kilgobbinwood.com if you need to share information with us. Regards Ciaran

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here