d18
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 17/10/2008
back green work and new entrance proposed
Date: October 17, 2008 11:29PM
does anyone know when the children get the rear green back, the pipes are laid, the children are forced unto the road, also the new entrance from the rear green to Belarmine is proposed: can we ask the council to make it the one with two bars at an angle that force cyclists to dismount and prevent motorbikes and scooters from using it as a rat run, could we put a vote up to see who favours this new access to Belarmine and who favours no new access at rear green?

Sab
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 20/10/2008
Re: back green work and new entrance proposed
Date: October 20, 2008 07:01PM
I think that there should be access to Belarmine but only pedestrian. At present the children are climbing over the wall. Its only a matter of time before someone falls and gets seriously hurt.

dbpackers
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/01/2009
Date: January 23, 2009 11:59PM
I can see the argument in favour of a pedestrian (certainly nomore than that) access from Belarmine. However while this would facilitate the children (and some older yahoos) who currently climb the wall, we should consider the impact it will have on our Green. Far from being a secluded and safe playing area for our children at the back of the estate, it will be come an exposed open space on a thoroughfare with significant non-local (i.e. unknown) traffic across it, even if it is pedestrian. It will also provide another point of "escape" for some younger children.

If access has to be provided then it should be at the border between Sandyford Hall and Fernleigh. This would mean less of the green would be lost to a footpath (shorter distance to the existing footpath) and through traffic would be split between Sandyford Hall and Fernleigh, depending on where they were coming from or going to.

webmaster
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 10/11/2008
Date: June 19, 2009 02:22AM
PEDESTRIAN ACCESS POLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: June 18, 2009 07:18PM
The DLR draft development plan for 2010 to 2016 has earmarked a laneway linking our estate with Aikens village.

This issue has been discussed at length on the forum and to get an idea of what residents in the estate think, a Poll has been put up on the front-page where people can vote on it.

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council has stated the following reason for this access:
"To ensure the provision of a combined pedestrian footpath/cycleway
(greenway) connection between Aiken’s Village and Sandyford Hall to improve
overall local permeability and to facilitate direct access from new residential
communities to the Luas Line B1 public transport corridor."

Accordingly any submissions or objections have to be made before the 3rd of July.

mwebb
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 03/10/2008
Date: July 11, 2009 02:17AM
Does anyone know when the road surface on Sandyford Hall Avenue will be fixed? I thought that the tarmac put down by the water scheme company was temporary. It’s been like this now since Christmas. It’s an absolute disgrace. When is this going to be sorted out?

To make matters worse, it now seems that the back green is being used by the company as a shortcut between Leopardstown Heights and Aikens Village. Every type of heavy machinery, as well as huge earth carrying lorries are driving through our estate instead of using the Hillcrest or Kilgobbin Road. None of this traffic has anything to do with work carried out on our estate and should not be allowed into our estate. Apart from the obvious dangers to children, cyclists and everyone else, the road is covered in muck.

I thought it was agreed that the back green was to be reinstated by the summer?

dbpackers
(IP Logged)

Date Registered: 23/01/2009
Date: July 13, 2009 07:23PM
mwebb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know when the road surface on
> Sandyford Hall Avenue will be fixed? I thought
> that the tarmac put down by the water scheme
> company was temporary. It’s been like this now
> since Christmas. It’s an absolute disgrace. When
> is this going to be sorted out?
>
> To make matters worse, it now seems that the back
> green is being used by the company as a shortcut
> between Leopardstown Heights and Aikens Village.
> Every type of heavy machinery, as well as huge
> earth carrying lorries are driving through our
> estate instead of using the Hillcrest or Kilgobbin
> Road. None of this traffic has anything to do
> with work carried out on our estate and should not
> be allowed into our estate. Apart from the
> obvious dangers to children, cyclists and everyone
> else, the road is covered in muck.
>
> I thought it was agreed that the back green was to
> be reinstated by the summer?

As far as I recollect, the information provided by local representatives (is it just me or are they much quieter now that they have been elected for another term) was that work to reinstate (most) of the green would commence at the end of the summer, which probably means September at the earliest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Register for free here